The iconic Hermès Kelly will always be described as classic, elegant and the ultimate symbol of femininity and grace.
It was in 1954 Alfred Hitchcock allowed his costume designer, Edith Head, to use Hermès accessories, including the iconic black box leather Kelly bag, in his film To Catch a Thief starring Grace Kelly. Kelly immediately fell in love with the bag. In 1956, she became princess of Monaco and used the bag – a Retourne style Kelly – to shield her first pregnancy from paparazzi. That photograph launched the bag into celebrity status and it became the “it” bag to own. From that day forward, the bag was known as the “Kelly” bag, although it was not officially renamed until 1977.
Condition: Gently Used
Exterior Material: Togo Leather
Size: Length-31cm, Height-23cm, Width-13cm
Includes: Dustbag and Box
- Light scratches on the metal clasp
- Discolourations on the bottom corners of the bag
- Light discolourations and scratches on the metal at the bottom of the bag
- White stain on the inside leather
- One small red mark on the bottom edge of the bag